The Big Dance is final here and it’s time to throw a party that will be a slam dunk! The weather is starting to break and there’s no better time to fire up the grill with sliders, turkey sausages, and new potato wedges with parsley. Don’t forget the chips and dip for those loving to snack through the game.
Attention to detail is always important, even if it’s a casual gathering. Decorate with orange round balloons and your favorite college team logo that is playing in the NCAA Tournament. Have trash cans or tubs with your favorite teams logo filled with drinks. Don’t forget the flowers, which can be as simple as red roses arranged in a low bowl in honor of the Buckeyes or blue hydrangeas in a glass vase for UNC.
Grilled Sliders: Serves 12
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley or dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- 12 soft dinner rolls, such as potato rolls, split
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the Grill. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, the seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese slices to the sliders and mustard and tomato slices to the dinner rolls. Then roll the tops.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Makes 3 cups
- 1 (16-ounce) contrainer prepared spinach dip
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, combine dip, chopped artichokes, cheese, and oregano. Microwave on High for 3 minuets, or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with veggies and pieces of sour dough bread.